Brent Bigger is a founder and managing member of Paul | Knopf | Bigger PLLC and routinely handles products liability, medical malpractice, and complex serious personal injury and wrongful death cases. Brent also maintains a niche practice handling third-party liability actions arising from worker’s compensation cases. He is a member of the Florida Justice Association, the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association, and in 2013 was awarded the F. Scott Baldwin Most Outstanding Young Trial Lawyer Award nationally by the American Association for Justice.
Brent graduated from Bradley University with a B.S.B.A in 2000 and from Stetson University College of Law, With Honors (Top 5%), in 2004. While in law school, Brent was an accomplished moot court advocate, being named the Best Advocate at several, national competitions. He began his career with Holland & Knight and clerked for a federal district judge, but soon realized that his passion was representing individuals and families.
Obtaining multiple verdicts in excess of $10 million against several Fortune 500 companies before his 40th birthday, Brent Bigger is one of the most accomplished Florida trial lawyers of his generation. In addition, he has obtained dozens of seven-figure verdicts and settlements for his clients. Regardless of the stakes or the results, Brent passionately fights to ensure that his clients receive the best result possible.
Since 2012, he consistently has been recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer™ and one of the Florida Trend’s Legal Elite™.
His greatest accomplishments, however, are being the loving husband of his law school sweetheart, Becky, and the proud father of his three children: Abby Grace, Sophie Anne and Brooks Bradley.
- Stetson University, Saint Petersburg, Florida
- Doctor of Jurisprudence with Honors
- Honors: Top 5% of class, Stetson’s Moot Court Board Member, Stetson Law Review (Senior Associate)
- Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois
- Bachelor of Science
- Major: Business Administration
Professional Honors And Awards
- Super Lawyers – 2013 through present
- Florida Trend Legal Elite and Florida Trend Legal Elite – Up & Comers
- American Association for Justice, Most Outstanding Young Trial
- Lawyer Award, 2013
- Tampa Bay Business Journal – 30 Under 30
Memberships (Bar Admissions)
- State of Florida
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals